Are Those Monkeys Humping?
Yes, but that's getting ahead of myself a bit.
Friday is another day that starts off with a lot of sunshine and promise. It seems that the storm that was stalled out in the Pacific has moved on and the weather is getting better every day, too bad this is our last full day here in CR.
Today takes us back to Ocotal beach for plenty of sun, sand and swimming - well floating really but you know what I mean. It is almost high tide and the beach has very few people so we pick a tree and hang our stuff up and go in the water.
After a quick little swim we're back on the beach and can hear the howler monkeys nearby. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but I love monkeys, especially the howlers. I can easily watch them for hours. We walk towards the noise to see if we can catch a glimpse of them and sure enough there's a few of them in the trees. Straight ahead there are 2 monkeys on separate branches just hanging out. Slowly one comes down and stops next to the bigger one and the next thing you know he is all over her getting his hump on. I turn to Dave and say "Are those monkeys humping right there?" and he laughs and confirms that they are. Yes, I do watch the 20-30 second show since the monkeys don't seem care that they are putting on a porn show. And yes, I do feel slightly embarrassed that I didn't give them a little privacy but again, they didn't seem to mind. At least I didn't have my camera with me or I could have been charged with promoting monkey porn!!! 😄😄
We hang on the beach for most of the day as well as the nearby beach bar were the view cannot be better.
And the company is not bad either.
Even some of the locals come by to say hello.
Overall this was one of the best days we had here even though it was our last.
Friday is another day that starts off with a lot of sunshine and promise. It seems that the storm that was stalled out in the Pacific has moved on and the weather is getting better every day, too bad this is our last full day here in CR.
Today takes us back to Ocotal beach for plenty of sun, sand and swimming - well floating really but you know what I mean. It is almost high tide and the beach has very few people so we pick a tree and hang our stuff up and go in the water.
After a quick little swim we're back on the beach and can hear the howler monkeys nearby. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but I love monkeys, especially the howlers. I can easily watch them for hours. We walk towards the noise to see if we can catch a glimpse of them and sure enough there's a few of them in the trees. Straight ahead there are 2 monkeys on separate branches just hanging out. Slowly one comes down and stops next to the bigger one and the next thing you know he is all over her getting his hump on. I turn to Dave and say "Are those monkeys humping right there?" and he laughs and confirms that they are. Yes, I do watch the 20-30 second show since the monkeys don't seem care that they are putting on a porn show. And yes, I do feel slightly embarrassed that I didn't give them a little privacy but again, they didn't seem to mind. At least I didn't have my camera with me or I could have been charged with promoting monkey porn!!! 😄😄
We hang on the beach for most of the day as well as the nearby beach bar were the view cannot be better.
And the company is not bad either.
Even some of the locals come by to say hello.
Overall this was one of the best days we had here even though it was our last.
Comments
Post a Comment