Things Are Looking Up
...well, not quite but I'm trying to be optimistic.....LOL
This is what the sky looked like Monday night as we were getting ready to watch the Bruins game.
One could only hope that this was a sign of what was to come on Tuesday. But alas it would not be...not quite anyway.
Waking up Tuesday was much the same as most days this week, it was raining. However, it looked like there were going to be some patches of no rain throughout the day so we decided to head out and take our chances. We drove up to Playa Hermosa which is just north of us and on the way is where we witnessed a family of monkeys up in the trees. I didn't think there were many monkeys in this area so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw some two days in a row. Too bad I only have my crappy camera as it can't zoom as well but a couple of the pictures came out pretty good.
We also caught sight of a few MotMots but I am too slow to get a picture of them. they are beautiful birds that have two long tail feathers that end in a teardrop shaped feather. Since it's not sunny out yet the color of the birds seem faded but they are usually nice chestnut heads with green and/or blue backs and wings. Maybe once we retire I'll actually spend some time sharpening my photography skills.
After our small wildlife tour we get to Playa Hermosa and the weather looks like it's cooperating, and by cooperating I mean it's not raining, not that it's sunny! We walk along the beach but Dave didn't bring his fishing pole today which he immediately regrets.
It feels so good to be outside without sharing the space with the raindrops. Of course, nothing lasts for ever and while we sit and have a cold beer, the rain starts. Slowly at first, almost like a warning...get you ass under some cover before it's too late, and then it begins! At least we got in a little bit of time here and it's mid-afternoon so we go looking for some lunch/dinner. We find a place called Loma Linda which was packed the other day when we drove by and I decided to get the special.
I tried to Google translate this and it came back as shrimp stuffed with shrimp which didn't seem right but I decided I was going to try it anyway. Turns out is was Croaker (the fish) fried and stuffed with shrimp in white sauce. When I later Googled each word and not the phrase I then discovered what it was.
It was delicious if not a bit much to eat. They appeared to clean out the spine and rib cage, deep frying the rest and all the nice meat inside and then pouring the shrimp in white sauce right inside the gap made by cleaning out the spine! Needless to say I did not need to eat anything else for the day.
Wednesday was a lot like Tuesday weather wise.... it started off sketchy, looked like it was going to clear up a bit, rained a little bit more, cleared up and rained some more. The weather cooperated enough today that we walked down to the beach near our house and was able to walk the beach, hang out and go swimming and enjoy the better part of the day at the beach. It did start to rain late-afternoon but we were done hanging out so we went to get something to eat and then headed back to the house to watch the Bruins game 2. Not the desired result but that's all I'm going to say about that - there's plenty more hockey to be played.
This is what the sky looked like Monday night as we were getting ready to watch the Bruins game.
One could only hope that this was a sign of what was to come on Tuesday. But alas it would not be...not quite anyway.
Waking up Tuesday was much the same as most days this week, it was raining. However, it looked like there were going to be some patches of no rain throughout the day so we decided to head out and take our chances. We drove up to Playa Hermosa which is just north of us and on the way is where we witnessed a family of monkeys up in the trees. I didn't think there were many monkeys in this area so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw some two days in a row. Too bad I only have my crappy camera as it can't zoom as well but a couple of the pictures came out pretty good.
We also caught sight of a few MotMots but I am too slow to get a picture of them. they are beautiful birds that have two long tail feathers that end in a teardrop shaped feather. Since it's not sunny out yet the color of the birds seem faded but they are usually nice chestnut heads with green and/or blue backs and wings. Maybe once we retire I'll actually spend some time sharpening my photography skills.
After our small wildlife tour we get to Playa Hermosa and the weather looks like it's cooperating, and by cooperating I mean it's not raining, not that it's sunny! We walk along the beach but Dave didn't bring his fishing pole today which he immediately regrets.
It feels so good to be outside without sharing the space with the raindrops. Of course, nothing lasts for ever and while we sit and have a cold beer, the rain starts. Slowly at first, almost like a warning...get you ass under some cover before it's too late, and then it begins! At least we got in a little bit of time here and it's mid-afternoon so we go looking for some lunch/dinner. We find a place called Loma Linda which was packed the other day when we drove by and I decided to get the special.
I tried to Google translate this and it came back as shrimp stuffed with shrimp which didn't seem right but I decided I was going to try it anyway. Turns out is was Croaker (the fish) fried and stuffed with shrimp in white sauce. When I later Googled each word and not the phrase I then discovered what it was.
It was delicious if not a bit much to eat. They appeared to clean out the spine and rib cage, deep frying the rest and all the nice meat inside and then pouring the shrimp in white sauce right inside the gap made by cleaning out the spine! Needless to say I did not need to eat anything else for the day.
Wednesday was a lot like Tuesday weather wise.... it started off sketchy, looked like it was going to clear up a bit, rained a little bit more, cleared up and rained some more. The weather cooperated enough today that we walked down to the beach near our house and was able to walk the beach, hang out and go swimming and enjoy the better part of the day at the beach. It did start to rain late-afternoon but we were done hanging out so we went to get something to eat and then headed back to the house to watch the Bruins game 2. Not the desired result but that's all I'm going to say about that - there's plenty more hockey to be played.


Comments
Post a Comment